The Church of Madonna delle Grazie

The Church of Madonna delle Grazie was erected in 1266. It was rebuilt and extended in 1488, and has undergone numerous modifications and restoration works over the years. Its simple façade contains a balck stone portal, which is surmounted by the fresco of the Madonna Pace by the Alassian painter Alberto Beniscelli. Inside, there is a magnificent, typically Ligurian tiled floor, made up of marble and slate tiles.
The altarpiece above the eighteenth-century main altar is Giovanni Carlone’s Nativity of the Virgin Mary.